How to set up Bizimply's Timestation App & Ipad?
- Get an AppleID
- Download the Timestation app
- Set up the Ipad & Guided access
- Set up the Timestation app and lock ipad to the Timestation app
Timestation app is currently only available on iOS 9.0 or above and is not available for Android or any other mobile operating system.
1. Get an AppleID
- First you will need an AppleID to setup your iPad and be able to download apps from the App Store. See how to set up an AppleID here.
When you have your iPad at hand, turn it on and follow the instructions as prompted. After the initial setup of the iPad we would encourage you to connect to the WiFi if not already done so.
2. Download the Timestation app
Go to the App Store and search for Timestation in the top right hand corner.
You will be looking for the 'Timestation by Bizimply' application. (This is seen as a red icon with a white "Z").
Choose ‘Get’ and the install should start. You may need to confirm your AppleID password.
3. Set up the Ipad & Guided access
While Timestation app is downloading we would normally suggest a few changes to the settings of the iPad. Go to the Settings app on the Home-screen.
- In iTunes & App Store - ensure that auto updates is turned on (it should be on by default).
- In Display & Brightness (Or General) - Set 'Auto-lock' to Never. This ensures the iPad screen will always remain on, even when there has been no/ little activity on it.
- In General > Accessibility > Guided Access - Turn on guided access
You may also want to set a passcode for this and take note of it for when you need to get back into the iPad's Home-screen and other applications.
Guided access allows you to lock the screen on a specific application. Employees without the passcode will not be able to go to the Home-screen and access other apps on the iPad when this is turned on.
- In iOS 12.1.1 onwards, turn on General > Accessibility > Guided Access > Mirror Display Auto-Lock if using Guided Access mode
4. Set up Timestation app and Lock Ipad to the Timestation app
- Once the Timestation app is downloaded, open it and sign in with your Bizimply login details. This connects the Timestation app to your account. You may need to select a location from a list if you have access to more than one.
- You will be prompted to set a manager login PIN.
This is to access the backend or manager's section of the Timestation app. We recommend keeping this the same as your iPad passcode or guided access passcode.
- You will get a brief introduction to the main screen of the Timestation and when you pass this walkthrough you will see the time shown on the screen as a digital clock. (Double check that this is the correct time)
- To ensure the app has access to the camera hit the ‘in’ button and you will be prompted for permission for the app to access the camera, confirm this permission.
- Once this has been done you can set guided access if you wish to lock the screen to the app.
Make sure the time, ‘in’ and ‘out’ buttons are on the screen and triple tap the home button. You should either see a frame with the option to start guided access or just see a notification that it has been activated (If you need to get out of guided access you can triple tap the home button and enter in the passcode.)
Now your staff can clock in and out for their shifts at the location.
It's important that you place the Timestation in an appropriate place for staff to easily access it.
Our recommendations are as follows:
- Set the iPad up at head height.
- Make sure the iPad is landscape (very important) with camera on the left-hand side.
- Close to a power source so it can be charging at all times.
- In good lighting and a good place for staff to clock in.
- Possibly a staff room/ entrance/ where previous system wa