Timestation App availability, how to send a log file from the App and Timestation management
This article covers:
- Whether the Timestation App can be found on any platform other than iOS.
- How to send a log file from the Timestation App on iPad.
- How Timestation management on the web-app works.
Is the Timestation available on any other platform?
No, the Timestation app is currently only available on iOS 8.0 or above and is not available for Android or any other mobile operating system.
The reason we build solely for iPads is that we believe they are robust and reliable and will save you effort and time in the long run.
We are also confident that we can cater for quality support as all of our team are trained in undertaking the steps to set up and troubleshoot the app on these exact devices.
How do I send a log file from the Timestation App on iPad?
When you're experiencing technical issues with the Timestation app you may need to send a log file to us so we can investigate the problem.
You can easily do this via the Timestation app on your iPad.
Firstly, you must have your email set up on the iPad for this to work:
To do this:
- Go to the home screen on your iPad.
- Click on the mail icon on the bottom.
- Set up your email address.
Follow these steps:
- Click into the Timestation app on your iPad.
- Go to the manager portal (the white icon in the bottom left corner).
- Enter your Manager pin.
- Go to Settings > Help > Email log file.
- Send log file to Support@Bizimply.com. As a rule of thumb, it is always a good idea to CC yourself in the email for future records.
Reasons why a Log File would need to be sent:
- If you are having issues with punch times syncing online.
- If you have a warning symbol on the Timestation that will not disappear.
Benefits of sending Log Files through Timestation App
- Bizimply will receive your log file and can investigate your issue further.
Timestation Management - How does it work?
Here you can see at a glance all timestations associated with a location.
Here is a breakdown of the information in each column:
- Red / Green Icons: These indicate whether or not the timestation is currently active. Reasons for a timestation becoming inactive are no wifi, no battery, the email address used to set up the timestation has been deactivated in Bizimply.
- Location: The location address entered in location settings.
- Device Name: You can name your iPad from iPad settings to make it easier to identify
- Timestation Version: We strongly recommend running the latest version of the timestation, in order to get the most from it. Learn how to update your timestation here.
- iOS Version: The operating system version your iPad is running on. A yellow warning symbol will appear if there is an update available. We strongly recommend updating to the latest version of your iPad, in order to get the most from it.
- Photo Upload: Your photo upload setting for this timestation
- Email Used to Connect the iPad: The email address used when the timestation was set up on this iPad
- PIN: Manager PIN used to log into the manager settings on the Timestation. Select the eye icon to view the PIN
- Last Activity: The last time any activity was recorded on the Timestation eg. clock in times, manager login etc.
You can also view a map of your timestations to quickly ensure that all timestations are active: