Attendance settings are one of the first 5 steps when getting started with Bizimply. These settings impact the automatic selection of unpaid breaks in employee timecards.
What happens when my Timecards are based off the schedule?
If your timecards select your scheduled times for paid time this means that the timecard will select the scheduled break time also.
How do I enter a scheduled break time?
You can enter in a scheduled break time using the Popular Shifts on your schedule.
- Simply go to the Schedule tab.
- Popular Shifts > Edit Shifts.
- New Shift.
- Add in your Unpaid Break.
- Drag and drop the shift into schedule.
What does this mean? You will see in the employee's timecard that the scheduled break has been automatically selected as your timecards are based off the schedule and this break was included in the shift.
What happens when my Timecards are based off Punch Times?
If your timecards select your punch times for the paid time this means that the timecard will select the punch times for the break time also. For this information to be correct you must make sure your employee's are clocking in and out for their breaks.
You will be able to view in your employee's timecards under ACT. BREAK the length of time the employee clocked out for during their break.
Tips to remember:
- You can always manually enter a break time under Unpaid Break.
- Make sure you have selected the correct break when approving timecards.
- The system will always default back to your Attendance Settings if a break is not manually selected. Example, if you work off scheduled times the system will select the scheduled break as your break, if you work off punch times the system will select the punch time break as your break.
Other articles you may find useful: