Learn how to edit an employee profile and log employee issues
In this article you will find out:
- How to edit an employee profile.
- How to quickly edit multiple employee profiles at once.
- How to log employee issues.
- What it means when a warning appears saying an email is already in use.
How to edit an employee profile
In Bizimply you can add and edit all relevant employee information in the employee profile. Bizimply is cloud based so you will be able to access this information anywhere you have an internet connection!
How to edit an employee profile:
- Login to app.bizimply.com.
- Go to the employee tab.
- Select the employee you wish to edit.
- Enter all the information you feel relevant under each of the tabs in the employee profile.
Please note - The most important information you want to enter for an employee profile is their first and last name and also their email address. This email address will be the email that their schedule will be sent to and also the email with which they will login to app.bizimply.com and any mobile apps for employees and managers.
There are a few different headings under each employee profile.
- Personal - This is where you will add in basic employee information and HR details. For example their name, email, date of birth, nationality, Visa Expiry and start dates etc.
- Emergency - This tab is for the employees emergency contacts details.
- Work - This is where you will add in the location, schedule, positions, key staff and employee pin.
- Payroll - This is where you will add in the employees payroll information. This includes, their department, employee number, whether they are salary or hourly and different pay rates.
- Bank Details - this tab is to record the employees bank details.
- Issues - We at Bizimply like to refer to these as employee events. This is where you can add any good or bad events relating to this employee.
- Documents - If you want to get rid of that forgotten filing cabinet where you keep all your documents in the office, our documents section on Bizimply will be right up your street. You can upload employee's CV's, training certificates, contracts and any other important information to this section.
- Notes - You can add any kind of note relevant to this employee in this section.
- Onboarding - This tab shows the employee checklists and and the progress for that particular employee.
- Roles - This tab is to assign a particular role to the employee (Supervisor, Manager etc).
- Time Off - This tab is for logging employee holidays and sick days or any other time off type that might be taken by the employee.
- Training - this tab is to record any training that might me necessary for the employee.
- References - this tab is to record Employee References details.
How to quickly edit multiple employee profiles at once
Sometimes you may need to edit or quick action a group or all of your employee profiles at once. You can do this in the employee tab in Bizimply.
Follow these steps:
Login to app.bizimply.com.
Go to employees tab.
Click on the empty box to the left of 'Name', this will select all employees.
Select the Actions button and choose what you would like to do with the selected employees.
Please note that the Action button will not appear until employees have been selected.
You will be given five different options.
Quick Edit - Here you can quick edit different sections of the employee profile. Including Personal, Work and Payroll details.
Send Email Message - By selecting this option, you will be able to send a mass message to all employees selected.
Email PIN - You will use this when you first start using Bizimply. By selecting this option, you will email the employees selected their PINs, which they will use to punch in and out on the Timestation app.
Export as CSV - By selecting this option, a CSV will be exported and downloaded onto your computer. This CSV will contain all information from the employee profiles of the staff members selected.
Deactivate Employee - Here you can deactivate employee(s) selected from the system (Don't worry, you can always reactivate them if needs be and their historical work information is always stored in the system).
How to log employee Issues
One of the great things about Bizimply is the ability to have everything in one place! In the employee profile, you can hold many documents and take note of various information, for example employee issues.
How to log an employee issue:
- Login to Bizimply.com. Please note that you must have certain access levels to be able to view employee details.
- Click on the Employee tab.
- Select the employee's profile in question.
- Click on the issues tab.
- Click 'Add Issue'.
- Fill in all relevant details and save.
- Once you have saved the issue, it will be saved to the employees profile where you can access it as and when you wish.
How to log an issue through the Shift Log:
- Login to Bizimply.com.
- Go to the Shift Log tab. Please note that the Shift Log must be switched on in the App Center to be accessed.
- Under Issues click on Employee Issues.
- Click New Issue.
- Fill in relevant information and save.
Email Already In Use Warning
In Bizimply we use email addresses are used as unique login credentials. If you are getting this error it means that the address you are entering is already in use within the system. This could be from within your own account or even in another current or previous employers account. The below will show you how to remove the email address to free it up for another profile or to be added as an admin.
If the email address is email@example.com, what you can do is use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and all emails will still go to the original email@example.com address. Most email providers (incl. Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook) ignore the '+' and anything trailing it before the '@' symbol.
If the email address is still not working for you, please get in touch with us and we will look into it further.