If you would like to lock your iPad to the Timestation app when it is mounted on the wall for employees to clock in and out there is a quick and easy way to do so!
Follow these steps:
- Get your iPad.
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility.
- Underneath the 'Learning' header press 'Guided Access' to switch it on.
- If available, switch on Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access > Mirror Display Auto-Lock
- Set your Guided Access Passcode. It requires 4 digits. (Keep this pin safe so that you or other managers are able to get back into the iPad if/ when needed.)
- Open your Timestation App on your iPad and click the home button on the iPad three times. Select "Start" in the top right. You will then be notified that Guided Access has started.
- To exit Guided Access click the home button three times. You'll need to enter the 4 digit Passcode and select "End Guided Access. This will allow you to go back to the Home screen of the iPad when you click on the Home button.
When Guided access is enabled on your iPad, the Timestation will be locked on the screen containing the clock and the "In" and "Out" options.
- This means that employees will not be able to access anything other than the Timestation app when they are using the iPad to clock in and out.