Sometimes you will want to have a shift that is displayed in text rather than time. You can do this by setting up a shift name in your settings.
To do this please follow the steps below:
- Login to your account
(You need to have admin level of access on the account)
- Click on your name/email in the top right-hand corner
- Select 'Settings' from the drop down menu
- Choose the Scheduling sub category to the left.
- Pick shift names from the options listed
- Click on the blue '+ New Name' button
- Name the shift title (Note: max 5 characters) - e.g. open, close, trial
- Click save
Now that option is available to select as the shift name or label.
Adding your new shift to your schedule
Follow these steps:
- Go to the schedule tab > Popular shifts.
- Click the pen symbol to create a new popular shift.
- Click the blue + New Shift.
- A handy tip to make sure this shift shows at the top of your popular shift list is to enter in a start time that is earlier than the rest of your popular shifts. For eg. 5am. Then enter the end time for half an hour later. For eg. 5am - 5.30am.
- Don't enter in an Unpaid break and select No for the question 'Should the total hours for this shift be included in the scheduled hours?'
- The Start Time and End Time can appear as a time, blank or as a shift name you have created.
In my example below you will see my new shift as TRIAL. So I have set the Start Time as Trial and the End Time as Blank.
Please Note: If the shift you have created has two words, for example On Call. Simply add "On" and "Call" as separate shift names in the Settings and set the Start Time as On and the End Time as Call.
This is how my new named shift appears in my popular shifts:
As you can see, my new TRIAL shift is appearing at the top of my popular shifts so I can easily find it and drop it into my schedule. It is also showing as 0 hours so it will not appear in your scheduled hours and labour costs for the week.
Other articles you may find helpful: