Using Time Off Tracking and creating a record
Time off records are created on the employee profile. Here you can build up a history of employee time off, what was paid or unpaid and any reasons for the time off.
To start just follow the steps below:
- Go to the employee's profile
- Click on the time off tab in their profile
- Click on the blue "Add Time Off" button
- Set a time off type
- Choose a date range or you can set a part day record
- Confirm the details for each day (hours, type) and choose to include the day or not in the time off
- Choose to leave a comment on the record (e.g. reason for the time off)
- Choose if the time off should be visible on the schedule (to avoid scheduling them, this will be shown as a "Time Off" shift)
- Select if the time off should be included on the Timecards (to bring through the hours either PTO or Sick, you will also see the type of record for that day on the timecard)
- Choose to Approve and Save the record or just to save and come back to approve it later. (Unapproved records will not be seen elsewhere)
- When approved you will have the option to notify the employee via email and if you do decide to inform them you can also include a message
Time Off on the schedule:
If selected, time off will be shown on the schedule like the image above. Your team will know that the employee is unable to work and know not to schedule them for shifts on those days. Time off cannot be edited or changed on the schedule.
Time Off on the timecards:
If selected, paid time off will be shown on the employee timecard. Notice that the hours for a time off record automatically go into the "PTO" section at the bottom of the timecards or into the "Sick" section for a sick record.
Here's how you can switch this feature on in your account:
Enabling the Time Off Tracker in your account